Asphalt Paving Foreperson
Huyser Asphalt Paving and Sealcoating is a full service asphalt installation and maintenance company that services residential driveways along with providing parking lot management solutions to commercial and industrial properties. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success, and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting top talent to our organization.
The Asphalt Paving Foreperson will directly supervise and help coordinate the activities of assigned crew(s). The Asphalt Paving Foreperson is responsible for the assisting in the scheduling of various projects and effectively communicating with crews regarding the schedule and equipment needed for certain jobs.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Provide proactive leadership and coaching to crew members and interact with all external and internal customers in a professional manner
- Communicate clearly the daily schedule and needs of the crew(s)
- Ensure the assigned crew members are following all company safety processes and procedures
- Control traffic and implement safety requirements for crews near, in, and around the work zone
- Make sure all crew members are doing proper pre-and post-trips on vehicles and that the vehicles are being maintained and washed at least once a week
- Responsible for ordering material or equipment needed to complete a job
- Ensure assigned jobs are completed in a timely fashion and per budget
- Measure jobs to ensure that the crews have the proper materials & equipment to complete the job
- Must be able to identify and find a solution to a variety of situations common in a construction setting
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Other duties as may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree GED is preferred
- 3+ years of related asphalt and construction experience and/or training preferred
Knowledge Skills/Work Requirements
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements
- Strong time management/organizational skills
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
- Working math skills in measuring area, circumferences, volume and weight and calculating figures
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Must have ability to interact with external and internal customers and partners in a fast pace, multitasking environment, working independently with a high degree of problem solving
- Proficiency in use of technology including CRM, word, excel, iPhone and internet
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
This is to be considered an outline of the work involved in this position and should not be construed as a limitation of duties or responsibilities from the standpoint of the employee or of Huyser Asphalt. All Huyser Asphalt employees are expected to have a willingness to share in the responsibilities and duties of others when necessary to “get the job done” and to contribute their particular skills or expertise, however possible, for the benefit of the company. This will require that the employee develop and maintain a good rapport with all members of the Huyser Asphalt team.