Asphalt Screed Operator
Huyser Asphalt Paving and Sealcoating is a full service asphalt installation and maintenance company that services residential driveways along with providing parking lot management solutions to commercial and industrial properties. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success, and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting top talent to our organization.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Assist crew with various duties such as; shoveling and raking, running wheelbarrow, safely backing/dumping trucks
- Operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights, in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
- Observe distribution of paving material along screed and control the direction of the screed to eliminate voids at curbs and joints
- Manipulates cranks to control the depth of the paving machine that spreads and levels asphalt
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Other duties as may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree GED is preferred
- 1-2 years of related asphalt and construction experience and/or training preferred
Knowledge Skills/Work Requirements
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements
- Strong time management/organizational skills
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
This is to be considered an outline of the work involved in this position and should not be construed as a limitation of duties or responsibilities from the standpoint of the employee or of Huyser Asphalt. All Huyser Asphalt employees are expected to have a willingness to share in the responsibilities and duties of others when necessary to “get the job done” and to contribute their particular skills or expertise, however possible, for the benefit of the company. This will require that the employee develop and maintain a good rapport with all members of the Huyser Asphalt team.